🎼Music thread

Mishka

Local time
Today, 06:44
There was lots of illuminate imagery in that one :)
Again, the devious Mowl avoids the cameras and evades the limelight. He is a studio musician, not the sort who wants his picture taken at all because it's not fair on the other guys who trail miles behind him on the sweet and sexy stakes. He has butt doubles all over the place, all pretending to be him when in fact no-one can nail the Mowl down.

More butt doubles - this time in Finland, again.

Mishka

Local time
Word goes he showed up for this RTE take in his painting clothes and the wardrobe staff took him in and dressed him up in black leathers.

What they did to his hair remains a mystery; I'm thinking superglue might have been a factor.

Local time
Today, 04:44
Mowl has the best hair for sure ...but he didn't get at it right that one was far too slow ...plus he didn't have the mowl drum back then 🧝‍♀️

Mishka

Local time
Mowl has the best hair for sure ...but he didn't get at it right that one was far too slow ...plus he didn't have the mowl drum back then 🧝‍♀️
If you look very closely, the logo on his little touring drum kit is covered with a little sign that reads: 'Hi Mom' on a sheet of paper taped on.

Mowl loves his Mammy very much and would do anything to make her smile and feel proud of her boy.

The guy's a sweetheart through and through.

Mishka

Local time
That's you 😱

Isn't it amazing that Mowl's drum sets are so very tiny and yet they sound enormous on everything he plays on?

I mean - look closely at this photo? The drums are so small, and he has all these digital devices there on his left hand side that he switches to and from using all kinds of mad science in Irish music, Native American music, Nordic, pop, jazz, the works. man, he sure gets around, this Mowl. New York, Helsinki, Dublin, Paris, Peckham. Man, what a life.

Another butt double...

Last edited:

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Belgrade has banned posting videos unless you have written permission for the owner. Ring Noel Gallagher
Ill let you post away Val, i am sure the origional content owner wont mind.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
The music thread is so much better without Mowl
I love music and have a wide taste always evolving. I used to post Maggie Barry and Richie Kavanagh to wind him up. Today I will try and post
my favourites of all time. I will do 3 or maybe 4 or 5. No more. When I post one do not assume it is my favourite, it is one of my favourites only. Wait until I have all done and then give an opinion.. I ask myself "what do I play in the van, when do I regret a journey ending because the song is not over? Mark each one 1 tp 10 with ten being the best marking please. Be harsh but fair.

I have to judge on the sound likability, the message (does a good message make up for poor sound likability or message only. For this exercise, sound likability is No 1. Message is too and a message without music is out, its just a poem. Don't expect them all the conservative, I cant let my politics effect it

Last edited:

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
My first choice is American, say what you like, they can make music and 50% of my choices are likely to be American. or more.

This is Chuck Berry. MemphisTennessee. Many people do not hear the lyrics. They think Marie is a young woman ex lover. No . It is about a couple who break up who have a 6 year old daughter called Marie. "Marie is only 6 years old and information please, help me get in touch with her in Memphis Tennessee." Last time I saw Marie, she was waving me goodby, with hurry home drops on her cheeks that triclled from her eye. Indeed I break my own rule letting the message influene but the sound is fantastic too. Read the lyrics first and then enjoy this wonderful by a wonderful artist.

---------------------------------------------------

So here we go;