🚨COVID-19 Megathread: 6.5 million cases worldwide

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 10:45
Dan, what is the position with the state aid now that its August?

The State aid is different than the 600 dollars federal aid which ended. The aid in each State is different and is about 250 to 400 I think and it also depends on your circumstances etc etc. In Massachusetts they take your earning for the 2 highest quarters in the past year , average them and you get half. So a person in a seasonal job where he makes money in the summer makes out far better than a person who had the same annual income over 4 quarters.

But say a person makes 50g a year, then he gets 25 or about 500 a week. A person on 30000 gets just 15g or 300 a year. Ballpark

Other States are different.

What ceased is the 600 on top from the Feds.

Congress could not decide and went home leaving them with zero.

So Trump signed an XO giving them 400.

A little twist was that 300 was federal and 100 was from the state. So now he is blamed for that

Bottom line. Everybody is 200 less a week, 800 a month.
The States are even more squeezed than before as most have their unemployment funds used up by now.
The States were in bad shape before the virus, they are in real trouble now and of course want a bailout. Which republicans will resist and they have no money anyway

Frog FĂ©in

Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 15:45
By the way, has anyone had an issue with the face nappy (not) wearing?

No one's said a word to me
Actually, that's given me an idea - it would be good craic to go around with an actual nappy over your head. With a little balaclava slit for eyes. See the reaction.

The sad thing is if the government told people to wear a pampers nappy now a lot of Irish would go for it.

Local time
Actually, that's given me an idea - it would be good craic to go around with an actual nappy over your head. With a little balaclava slit for eyes. See the reaction.

The sad thing is if the government told people to wear a pampers nappy now a lot of Irish would go for it.
Haha.. but you could wear anything though couldn't you though - That's my mask! :)

I mean, when was it, last Monday or two Mondays ago? I can't remember but I just walked straight into the shop.. and the supermarket is always manned at the door (by diversity) but no one said a word to me.

Admittedly, I haven't been on public transport yet but I look in the windows of buses driving by (as I did pre-mask to see them empty) and, admittedly, everyone's wearing a mask. But it's the same in the shops, except me. @Olli Rehn says I'm a mass murderer. But I don't feel that way.

Frog FĂ©in

Trusted Member
Local time
Haha.. but you could wear anything though couldn't you though - That's my mask! :)

I mean, when was it, last Monday or two Mondays ago? I can't remember but I just walked straight into the shop.. and the supermarket is always manned at the door (by diversity) but no one said a word to me.

Admittedly, I haven't been on public transport yet but I look in the windows of buses driving by (as I did pre-mask to see them empty) and, admittedly, everyone's wearing a mask. But it's the same in the shops, except me. @Olli Rehn says I'm a mass murderer. But I don't feel that way.
tbh - if I was getting a bus I would wear one - its not worth the fucking hassle - I would snap if some cunt got thick with me.

Olli supports mass murder so what the fuck is his problem?

Frog FĂ©in

Trusted Member
Local time
Saying that - if anyone tries to force me to take a vaccine - all bets are off and I would stick a pike through their head first.

Local time
tbh - if I was getting a bus I would wear one - its not worth the fucking hassle - I would snap if some cunt got thick with me.

Olli supports mass murder so what the fuck is his problem?
Yeah, I hear what you're sayin.

In actual fact, I was in the chemist (pre-mask era) for something else but at the counter (someone else was talking about masks before me) and when it was my turn, I pointed and asked the receptionist - "How much for the mask?"

Soon it will be..
She said something like 10 for 8, temporary, or you can a get a (non-temporary) one for like, 4 Euro or something.

How much does one temporary mask cost, I asked?

One Euro.

I'll take one temporary mask, thanks.

And that was it. I bought it just for door passing purposes.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Yeah, I hear what you're sayin.

In actual fact, I was in the chemist (pre-mask era) for something else but at the counter (someone else was talking about masks before me) and when it was my turn, I pointed and asked the receptionist - "How much for the mask?"

Soon it will be..
She said something like 10 for 8, temporary, or you can a get a (non-temporary) one for like, 4 Euro or something.

How much does one temporary mask cost, I asked?

One Euro.

I'll take one temporary mask, thanks.

And that was it. I bought it just for door passing purposes.
I was thinking of going to the cattle mart next Thursday with a pair of ladies panties for a mask, what do youse think of that?