Chat A COVID Christmas

Anderson

Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
With COVID likely to disrupt Christmas one way or another, be it lockdowns or simply feck all on TV because nothing has been made, how are you planning to spend Christmas and New year this year? Is it carry on as normal, rewatch the Netflix boxsets all over again, or sitting back with a good book and a glass of your favourite tiple?

I for one have been buying board games, I know the TV will be poor this year and I have a family to keep entertained so its monopoly and Cluedo this year.

Will certainly try to do the trimmings but I see Turkeys are not in the shops yet so perhaps beef and chicken will have to do!

Plenty of booze already stocked, and emergency generators just in case the weather decides to add to 2020 for laughs!

Will be peeved if I can't have friends and family around, however, we will see how COVID is fairing before deciding.

Anderson

Staff member
Local time
It would be unlikely I believe, even if a vaccine is found it will take 1-2 years to vaccinate the population.
I think you are correct on this Belgrade. I think it will be a year or more of the same, however, I don't think we will see another lockdown in March. hopefully.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
I think it'll do people a lot of good to celebrate Christmas without all the mad Consumerism.

FairStoodtheWind

Trusted Member
Local time
Alcohol sales banned after 8pm in the 6 counties. I wouldn't be surprised if they dont outright ban alcohol sales for Christmas full stop. Restrictions are now how far government can troll the population.

Olli Rehn

Local time
I hope there will be lots and lots of snow.

Last edited: