A new General Election?

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Today, 05:13
I always expected this, with the uptick in support for Fine Gael during the COVID crisis the idea that they weren't going to cash in on their newfound popularity seemed bizarre at the least, especially when the PFG would be put to grassroots supporters and members.

The latest opinion poll shows them way ahead of Fianna Fail who must be desperate to get into government as this is their only real shot.

EbBuc4tWAAMk1Ot-1.md.jpg

Current options would see Fine Gael having to do a deal with SF if this poll was played out in a General Election.

Only time will show if FG go for another GE.

Coveney says 'we can't rule out' another general election
Members of Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and the Green Party are currently voting on whether or not to back the programme for government.

Mary Lou McDonald has predicted she will eventually become Taoiseach, insisting Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil can only delay Sinn Féin’s journey to power.

The party president said the time was right for a woman to lead an Irish government.

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney has said nothing can be ruled out, including another election, if the programme for government is not passed this week.

However, he countered this by saying he is a positive person and he believes the deal can be approved.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Mr Coveney said this is a difficult week for Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and the Greens because there is division in all three parties in how they view the programme for government.

Sounds like kite flying again to see if SF have any interest.

Local time
The dwarf might not allow a dissolution all permutations have not been tried

boombox

Local time
Latest developments,

Hazel Chu set to be Lord Mayor of Dublin as she sells her vote and names her price.

Martin tells us all that there is no Plan B, yet there is a new general Election, or coalition with SF and delivering what the people voted for.

Martin says there is no 'magic plan B' if the programme for government is rejected
The Fianna Fáil leader said people would be “very angry” if another general election had to be held.

Sparta

Local time
What would a new General election do? Looking at the poll above it looks like it will be just more of the same.

TimBuckII

Local time
What would a new General election do? Looking at the poll above it looks like it will be just more of the same.

If there is another election FF will get hammered. Their voters will have to decide between FG and SF. If there seems to wind behind SF in another election they are most likely to pick up from right across the left which will be something new.

Sparta

Local time
If there is another election FF will get hammered. Their voters will have to decide between FG and SF. If there seems to wind behind SF in another election they are most likely to pick up from right across the left which will be something new.
I wonder if they did a U-Turn and joined with SF would they see a surge in their support?

I think their numbers are dropping because of the madness of keeping the Gaelers in Govemrent propped up with the greens.

Local time
I wonder if they did a U-Turn and joined with SF would they see a surge in their support?

I think their numbers are dropping because of the madness of keeping the Gaelers in Govemrent propped up with the greens.
Their numbers were sliding anyway through out the election campaign
martin is the slimmest politican in Ireland
had the most negative campaign and he could possibly be the best of what’s in Fianna Fáil

James Dawson

Local time
Their numbers were sliding anyway through out the election campaign
martin is the slimmest politican in Ireland
had the most negative campaign and he could possibly be the best of what’s in Fianna Fáil
Slimmest is like a whole different real word bro. Jesus

Local time
Leo looked like a disgusting greasy lying bastard on prime time tonight and was taken to task over his quote from the movie "mean girls"

James Dawson

Local time
Leo looked like a disgusting greasy lying bastard on prime time tonight and was taken to task over his quote from the movie "mean girls"
Leave Leo ALONE!

He's brown! And he's GAY!

TimBuckII

Local time

I doubt if Michael Martin's obsession with being top dog will allow for that but it is thinking outside the box.

Grannysmith

Local time
Martin seems happy to sign up to any old bollox if it means he becomes Taoiseach, FG can't believe their luck.

Greens are just fucking Greens, opportunists.

Local time
Fine Gael have approved the deal by 80% to 20%