Deutsche Bank Slapped With $150 Million Penalty Over Lack of Oversight in Dealings With Jeffrey Epstein

Sparta

Local time
Today, 01:00
Deutsche Bank hit with $150 million penalty for relationship to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein
By Dan Mangan and Jim Forkin | JUL 7 2020

(cnbc.com) - New York state financial regulators said that Deutsche Bank has agreed to a $150 million penalty in relationship to the bank’s lack of oversight in dealings with accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, the now-dead investor, as well as with two client banks.

A consent order agreed to with The New York State Department of Financial Services covers Deutsche Bank’s relationship with Epstein, and correspondent banking relationships with Danske Bank Estonia and FBME Bank.

Epstein, who died in what has been ruled a suicide while in jail, was a former friend of Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, as well as Prince Andrew.

His alleged procurer and former girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, was arrested on federal charges in New Hampshire in early July...

I doubt they can even afford this, especially with the world economy about to crash all over again.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
Deutsche Bank hit with $150 million penalty for relationship to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein

(cnbc.com) - New York state financial regulators said that Deutsche Bank has agreed to a $150 million penalty in relationship to the bank’s lack of oversight in dealings with accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, the now-dead investor, as well as with two client banks.

A consent order agreed to with The New York State Department of Financial Services covers Deutsche Bank’s relationship with Epstein, and correspondent banking relationships with Danske Bank Estonia and FBME Bank.

Epstein, who died in what has been ruled a suicide while in jail, was a former friend of Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, as well as Prince Andrew.

His alleged procurer and former girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, was arrested on federal charges in New Hampshire in early July...

I doubt they can even afford this, especially with the world economy about to crash all over again.
Why would a bank be responsible for the actions of a client? If I sell a cow to Godsdog and he goes on to have an affair with it/her why should I be fined?

Last edited:

valamhic

Staff member
Local time

I hear we may get news from Air Lingus this week. Could be the first of many to go under.

boombox

Local time
I hear we may get news from Air Lingus this week. Could be the first of many to go under.
Aer Lingus is part-funded by the Irish state, it won't go under.