Exciting news: I have just bought a new bull!

DS86DS

Local time
Today, 04:48
It is generally accepted by farmers that keeping a bull is not for everyone. The alternatives are to keep only bullocks for fattening, keep heifers for fattening (in which case there can be problems with neighbours bulls breaking out). Use artificial Insemination (not easy to detect heat and not easy to get the cows into the yard for service). Then there is keeping a bull.

The problem is that you never know when a bull can turn on you, he might be grand 99% of the time and change suddenly. I have never been attacked by a bull, but I have been attacked by cows immediately after calving when calves should be sprayed on the navel with disinfectant. .

The best weapon is a tabular steel bar with a welded grip handle and a clasp to attach a wrist leather band. You have to show you are determined to hit him/her hard of the head and actually hit them a light blow on the head. They wont come at you if they know you are going to hit them hard. The biggest problem is loosing the weapon during an attack and the strap prevents that happening.
Were I to go into farming tomorrow, I think I'd be paying somebody else to do the work around bulls!

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
You are kidding me. It is a while since I studied physics but powering a house with a washing machine motor stretched my credibility
Its all in the storage. His motor is going all day and charging batteries. Plus he had a second motor. He has an energy dump in case of battery over charging.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
Its all in the storage. His motor is going all day and charging batteries. Plus he had a second motor. He has an energy dump in case of battery over charging.
Where did I here that before. No amount of explaining will convince people
that you cannot power anything from the weather

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Local time
Where did I here that before. No amount of explaining will convince people
that you cannot power anything from the weather
Not weather, human engineering. You do know how hydro electric works? NY city is powered by water flow from the Niagara river.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
Not weather, human engineering. You do know how hydro electric works? NY city is powered by water flow from the Niagara river.
I knew about it 30 years ago. I have the book an Nicola Tesla in my library for over 25 years. America is not powered by hydro power, it is powered by coal, oil gas and nuclear. In Ireland no more than 3% of its mains electricity is powered by hydro.

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Local time
America is not powered by hydro power, it is powered by coal, oil gas and nuclear.
I said NY city, not America. There is a huge hydro electric plant on the Niagara River and this is where New York gets most of it's energy from. Went fishing by the plant many years ago. It is a massive endeavor.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
I said NY city, not America. There is a huge hydro electric plant on the Niagara River and this is where New York gets most of it's energy from. Went fishing by the plant many years ago. It is a massive endeavor.

I am tired looking at it. It is reference to these exceptionally rare facilities that leads to the election of the Greens and the installation of 3,400 mw of wind energy in this country . Take time out to night and watch this film released on the 21th April and on 7.7 million views https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=planet+of+the+humans+you+tube&PC=IC03&ptag=ICO-21ea467d9b8f64b1&toWww=1&redig=3E59EA4670084FD0A471054EDF3D06D1&ru=/search?q=planet%20of%20the%20humans%20you%20tube&FORM=INCOH1&PC=IC03&ptag=ICO-21ea467d9b8f64b1&toWww=1&redig=3E59EA4670084FD0A471054EDF3D06D1&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=88AB038608B27A2A2FB888AB038608B27A2A2FB8&FORM=WRVORC&fbclid=IwAR2fN3AUDvl87arcwGXHQ72ZdOYlkHmUdOMGiwcOYQLEFMXP0OL4eSvWyRk

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Yes,he had a much smaller secondary generator and a mechanism for dumping but I did not hear mention of batteries at all as we would be going from AC to DC. Can you post the video you watched as I saw it on fb I think, anyway I can't find it.

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Local time
Yes,he had a much smaller secondary generator and a mechanism for dumping but I did not hear mention of batteries at all as we would be going from AC to DC. Can you post the video you watched as I saw it on fb I think, anyway I can't find it.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
This time of year if your stream had 1/3 a Sq meter area of water and a fall of at least 1 meter in 40 meters or less then you might be able to generate 3 kilo watts.

My river Glyde only has that amount of water from December to February and then only occasionally. I am 29 meters above sea level and I am about 47 km from the sea so the average drop is .6 of a meter in every 40 meters.

Some of that in in Dunaree forest park which is out of bounds. The fall here is 7 inches in every 70 meters. It is no good at all. At best you would get 1/2 a kw and now 1/50 pf a kw.

Check google maps for the height difference between the sea and your spot. Suptract any water falls or rapids which are out of bounds to you which will give you the fall you have. My bet is its no good.

valamhic

Staff member
Local time
This video is fake news. It should serve as a lesson to all the greens who cannot count. In the film go to where he cleans out the water filter up stream and see the water flow. Then see the diameter of the pipe which is about 3 inches or 75 mm.At best it is 4 " or 80 mm. Then go to about 10 minutes in where he is ready to run the turbine and see all the water coming down. It is obvious he filmed the first part in dry weather and the second part after rain. The location appears to be Australia which has very low rainfall. Note at the beginning he mentions 300 watts (.30 of a kilo watt).

So this con artist says he was run his household appliances on this? Most need 2 kilo watts, 7 times the out put of this. In actual fact if that pipe was running at maximum capacity it would barely power a light bulb. He is lying

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
So do you believe a 3 inch pipe full of water could cook lunch?
I questioned it myself but I have more time to dwell on it now. I will watch again as I remember nothing about batteries.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Val, I am a busy man and dealing with brokers but I need to know more about this bull. What is the problem with posting a picture of the bull, not his father or aunt. You could be after buying a pig in a poke for all anyone knows. Also is the bull now on your farm. Did you inspect the bull. Did you observe the bull in action. Have you spoken to farmers who have used this bull .

Also, did you overpay for the bull. A good bull here is 2000 but it would likely cost a lot to fly him to Cavan.I also don'yt know if the bull would need to be vacinated. How did you transport the bull. How far can a bull walk.

If I get this little 700 acre farm organized, I might get 2 bulls, would that work.

I have talked to some business people but they say it is too small, think Montana. They are clueless and it is too far away

Local time
I think a guy like you would be better off starting with a few chicken first

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
I think a guy like you would be better off starting with a few chicken first
That actually is a decent suggestion, these others have too much cash and too little common sense.

Local time
The bull should be active next week at the latest