Chat Gemma O'Doherty is arrested by Gardai.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 15:48
It seems she and her supporters placed a large placard across an overhead bridge as part of a protest. Locals complained, but I have no idea what validity their complain had. Gardai went to remove the placard and she attached them verbally. They demanded her name and address and she refused to give it. They arrested her.

Is she right or are the Gardai right.

Local time
It seems she and her supporters placed a large placard across an overhead bridge as part of a protest. Locals complained, but I have no idea what validity their complain had. Gardai went to remove the placard and she attached them verbally. They demanded her name and address and she refused to give it. They arrested her.

Is she right or are the Gardai right.

What does 'right' mean? The pig lawfully arrested her

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 10:48
Is this all the cops have to do. Disgraceful. It improves her status as a hero

Local time
Dee, Dee help

about time this public nuisance was taken off the streets
a danger to herself and others
too long she has gotten away with harrasing the gardai
the woman is unstable

Local time
Dee, Dee help

the woman is unstable
Actually the guard came across as a scumbag to me.. the way he arrested her. You can tell.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
What does 'right' mean? The pig lawfully arrested her
It means having a legal ground to act and informing the the person impacted of that ground. If there are no ground, the citizen is bound and has a duty to resist

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Dee, Dee help

the woman is unstable
So you want people you dont like arrested and their property confiscated at the whim of a police officer.

Local time
It means having a legal ground to act and informing the the person impacted of that ground. If there are no ground, the citizen is bound and has a duty to resist
Failing to provide name and address was the ground the Pig arrested her.

If there is more to that, then do tell. Did he have to cite a law she had broken, first?

Local time
So you want people you dont like arrested and their property confiscated at the whim of a police officer.
Don’t be daft,
the woman is unwell,
there are laws about putting out signage,
she was harassing the Garda as he performed his duties

just becauSe she is a former celeb with a camara does not give her an entitlement to obstruct The Garda

plenty of videos, which she herself put up on line, of her cruising Dublin looking for a guard to abuse

p.s.
i don’t dislike anyone

Local time
Don’t be daft,
the woman is unwell,

just becauSe she is a former celeb with a camara does not give her an entitlement to obstruct The Garda

plenty of videos, which she herself put up on line, of her cruising Dublin looking for a guard to abuse

p.s.
i don’t dislike anyone
You are unwell. You're in a cult bro

Supermac1

Local time
The Garda dint mind the pro abortion and gay pride signs, they put some up themselves

Local time
Are you going to cry?

No of course not, leftism is a cult (or a religion). Best way I can describe it.

Take for instance yesterday. You have absolutely no idea why you believe what you believe. All you could do was copy and paste URLs
You sent a link to some rambling about a site that believes GB can only be great again when they kick out all the black lads

i didnt read it all , I saw enough
I sent you back the link to the , who are we page
their white supremists and if you cannot see that , you’ve been totally indoctrinated

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
I dont believe the Guards have any right to demand anyones details unless an offence has been committed.

Local time
You sent a link to some rambling about a site that believes GB can only be great again when they kick out all the black lads

i didnt read it all , I saw enough
I sent you back the link to the , who are we page
their white supremists and if you cannot see that , you’ve been totally indoctrinated
What link?

You are talking complete nonsense and as leftists always do, erecting crazy strawmen.

Yes, Patriotic Alternative have a voluntary (except for criminals) repatriation idea as part of their manifesto. But I never said anything about that.

I think repatriation is a pipe dream to be quite honest with you. Which just goes to show the graveness of the situation. The damage being done now is irreversible. And I think the politicians responsible should be tried for treason and, upon conviction, hung by the neck until they are dead.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Don’t be daft,
the woman is unwell,

p.s.
i don’t dislike anyone
What laws are there for taking down signage? They claimed the sign was their property. The Guards confiscated it. They were obliged to state
the ;legal grounds for taking it. Otherwise it is theft.

If she is abusing Guards, they have Commissioners, Chief Superintendents, Superintendents, Inspectors and Serggeant. They also have a legal section and an attorney general to advise on the law. And you are telling me they don;t have to ascertain the law and state the legal reasons for their action.

Bull shite. They are guessing, The authorities knew Gemma is doing this and should have applied the law. The resonon I reckon is they don't have a clue what the law is. A fruit seller on Moore street has a better knowledge of the law than the National police force. The reason is they appear to be mostly WOKE

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
I dont believe the Guards have any right to demand anyones details unless an offence has been committed.
You are 100% correct. In fact 101% correct. Moreover the citizen is not obliged to submit to any Garda direction if they are not told what the grounds are. The exception is in an immediate emergency, a fire, bomb threat and serious accident or where is it not practical to speak with the person. In this case they should have cited their grounds for removing the sign and stated the power to demand name and address. I heard the public order act mentioned. It is clear the Guard did not have his identification numbers on and did know the law. She is entitled to 100,000 Euros