Chat Gemma O'Doherty is arrested by Gardai.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 09:04
Any video today

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 14:04
It looks to me like there cannot be a world wide lockdown without consequences. There are protests all over the world and it looks to me that the Police have been acting strangely and I think it the new environment they are operating changed their approach.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Any video today
Try not to force us how to mind read. You all can note that when I post, Everyone can can understand what I write. I sometimes get criticized for
bad spelling, but I was never get criticized for comprehension. As far as I know, the "VIDEO" could be of Fanny Craddock's cooking.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Try not to force us how to mind read. You all can note that when I post, Everyone can can understand what I write. I sometimes get criticized for
bad spelling, but I was never get criticized for comprehension. As far as I know, the "VIDEO" could be of Fanny Craddock's cooking.

Thanks, poor Clanrickard was not able to figure out what video I wanted.

Thelasthurrah

Local time
It seems she and her supporters placed a large placard across an overhead bridge as part of a protest. Locals complained, but I have no idea what validity their complain had. Gardai went to remove the placard and she attached them verbally. They demanded her name and address and she refused to give it. They arrested her.

Is she right or are the Gardai right.

The Gardai of course, Gemma should be arrested on sight for being an utter nuisance!

Thelasthurrah

Local time
You are 100% correct. In fact 101% correct. Moreover the citizen is not obliged to submit to any Garda direction if they are not told what the grounds are. The exception is in an immediate emergency, a fire, bomb threat and serious accident or where is it not practical to speak with the person. In this case they should have cited their grounds for removing the sign and stated the power to demand name and address. I heard the public order act mentioned. It is clear the Guard did not have his identification numbers on and did know the law. She is entitled to 100,000 Euros
She's entitled to phuck all Val, she's constantly harassing and abusing the Gardai.

Thelasthurrah

Local time
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Gemma will get 100,000 compo and the Garda will get Jail for unlawful arrest.

Here is the meaning of litter

“litter” means a substance or object, whether or not intended as waste (other than waste within the meaning of the Waste Management Act, 1996 , which is properly consigned for disposal) that, when deposited in a place other than a litter receptacle or other place lawfully designated for the deposit, is or is likely to become unsightly, deleterious, nauseous or unsanitary, whether by itself or with any other such substance or object, and regardless of its size or volume or the extent of the deposit;
FFS Val, were you on the uisce beatha early today??

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
I do not believe Gemma ever said anything bad about gays

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
She's entitled to phuck all Val, she's constantly harassing and abusing the Gardai.
Real True Education will post a video during the week. There are no grounds whatsoever for the Garda taking down to posters. Not under the Road traffic Act, the Planning Act or the Litter act. None whatsoever. Gemma was entitled to protect her property for being damaged or stolen.

When the Gardai acted illegally and without legal justification, she could not have committed an offence under the Public Order Act. There for there was no power to demand her name and address. She refused to give her name and address because there was no reason why she should.
Her arrest was therefore illegal and it was false imprisonment. The Garda committed a technical crime.

Under civil law she is entitled to punitive damages and compensation. If it happened to me I would not accept below 80K but she might settle for 50K

The Garda did not have his cap on so he was not in uniform and he did nave his identification shoulder numbers on.

100% open and shut, 5- to 80 thousand yoyos

Last edited:

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
The Gardai of course, Gemma should be arrested on sight for being an utter nuisance!
There is a law on public nuisance which was used in Britain in 1932 ans once since in Bitain and a Pylon Development protest where a protestor or took control of a lorry.

If they stopped passersby using the road or the footbridge then that would be a public nuisance but there would have to be evidence that someone was actually prevented getting across. None of this applies in this case and the law is slightly weaker in Ireland because the constitution provides for peaceful protest. Any nuisance must be serious. I cannot see how any road user could claim he was seriously inconvenienced. Nuisance does not wash.

Last edited:

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
A lot of senior Gardai get jobs on retirement in RTE and it is likely one of them complained.