• Thread starter Shirley
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 33K

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 11:23
Nonsense. If you want to test the cognitive ability of teen drug gangs, you don't give them arrangements of dots on a page. You give them questions and images that relate to their world, i.e questions on brands of trainers, components of guns, gold fillings and crowns, weights of gold chain, types of drugs, chemical elements of drugs, the effects of drugs, the price you can get for drugs in any given situation, etc. etc. etc.
But that wouldn't be a good test of cognitive ability

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Eh, because there are better ways to do it?

This is what an IQ test attempts to do.. Now I can already hear you focusing on that word :)

You're a cynic, I'm not

You're polluting a scientific objective with a moral judgement, i.e. that cognitive processes which involve mathematics are more valid that cognitive processes which involve drug dealing.

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
You're polluting a scientific objective with a moral judgement, i.e. that cognitive processes which involve mathematics are more valid that cognitive processes which involve drug dealing.
A drug dealer may have a certain amount of mathematical ability.. in a similar way to a snooker player or a darts player.. But that doesn't make them mathematicians

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
A drug dealer may have a certain amount of mathematical ability.. in a similar way to a snooker player or a darts player.. But that doesn't make them mathematicians
If course it doesn't. So don't give a mathematician's IQ test to a drug dealer, or a drug dealer's IQ test to a mathematician.

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
If course it doesn't. So don't give a mathematician's IQ test to a drug dealer, or a drug dealer's IQ test to a mathematician.
Thankfully an IQ test doesn't do that.

An IQ test is best attempt at measuring the intelligence of.. a human being

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Thankfully an IQ test doesn't do that.

An IQ test is best attempt at measuring the intelligence of.. a human being

You're really just reciting a religious dogma there. One that ignores the facts.

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
You're really just reciting a religious dogma there. One that ignores the facts.
"Pseudo-science", "religious dogma".. whatever you want to call it.

You should ask yourself why you're so invested in denying the (very well studied) field of IQ and intelligence, particularly an uncomfortable truth when comparative studies are involved.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
"Pseudo-science", "religious dogma".. whatever you want to call it.

You should ask yourself why you're so invested in denying the (very well studied) field of IQ and intelligence, particularly an uncomfortable truth when comparative studies are involved.

I'm denying nothing. The points I'm making to you are very well known in the field. That's why the likes of Richard Lynn are not taken seriously - except by Race-Unrealists.

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
I'm denying nothing. The points I'm making to you are very well known in the field. That's why the likes of Richard Lynn are not taken seriously - except by Race-Unrealists.
You're denying loads

And the field of research is much wider than Richard Lynn

Despite it being, what I consider it to be, one of the most pernicious lies told by the 'left' and foundational to their phony egalitarianism, I'm not a "IQ Nationalist".

I am as opposed to setting up a city of Hong Kongers here as I would be Africans

Astromut

Local time
Great news,

The Dessy has awoken and is ready for another day of mental illness.

Anyone think DS86DS has Covid brain?

Astromut

Local time
Dessy now threatening to dox Hans!

Just goes to show, your private info is not safe on the isle!!!

Screenshot_20201015_185343.md.jpg

Last edited:

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
I see Vargo's Goat has weighed in on the IQ question.. I thank you.

Now I KNOW I'm right!

Astromut

Local time
Crazed bastard talking shite as per usual.

If i ever met him....