What's new

Chat General Chat thread

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Thats what I thought, had to call them to be sure.

10 years no claims, gave me 800 euro discount!

Couldnt believe it!

There's probably some shit in the terms and services...like they get to own your house when you reach 60 etc.

Did you make sure to read between the lines when signing up Sparta?

Mowl

Ireland's Most Hated
The only lines Spar-Shop here knows about are coke or speed.

That and driving a bumper car around a circuit smaller than the size of my bathroom.

Dinkies aren't real cars either.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

One person I'd love to have met is John Lennon. Sure, he's a year older than my grandmother...but I feel some kind of special bond with this guy. He pretty much pushed Rock music to.the boundaries in his day..and likely influenced Black Sabbath and harder rock/.metal acts that came after him.

Even my grandparents would agree that Paul McCartney was / is as soft as shit...but even though he's old enough to be my grandad, I admire this guy and respect every thing be did for music. Imagine may be a bit cliched at this stage, but sure why not...even the hardest of rockers have a sugary side to them.

I would usually brush off such a tune as old school mam and dad rock...but for some odd reason,this 34 year old has a soft spot for John Lennon..the man who'd be old enough to be my grandad..

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

...I suppose my old man having been born in 1949..and having lived through the 1960s and 70s and having collected all the LP"s, from the day had something to do with it. I would always play the old LPs on the turntable in the back room.

While my fellow peers at 5 years old.were listening to the Wheels on the Bus go round and round...I was listening to second hand LP's from half a century ago.😅

It's what I associate with my childhood earliest listening experience and it's hard to let go off it. It will always have a special place in my heart nonetheless.

Unfortunately, back in the mid-90s my old man saw the records as useless and threw them out. In this day and age, I doubt he'd even considering throwing them.away due to their resurgence in popularity.

Life certainly is strange.

Latest User Threads