General Economic Chat

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 10:16
Ireland RIPPED OFF by EU with fishing deal

Imagine my shock. I can't believe the EU with rip us off while at the same using Ireland as a dumping/relief valve for the 3rd world hordes pouring into Europe!

IRELAND gets to keep an even smaller percentage of the fish caught in its waters than the UK does and must quit the EU before it finds itself on the margins of the continent, a former top diplomat has said.

Olli Rehn

Local time
Today, 15:16
Yes, you are correct in this.

But we compare ourselves to a free society, something like 1955 in economic terms.
You was not around in 1955. People always talk about "the good old times". They were never ever on.
In 1955 fucking lunatics exploded thermonuclear devices in the Nevada deserts- and other muppets booked holidays in Las Vegas to watch the dirty things going off. Your hole country was poisoned- and still is today.
Fucking arseholes- and you talk about freedom?

Last edited:

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
You was not around in 1955. People always talk about "the good old times". They were never ever on.
In 1955 fucking lunatics exploded thermonuclear devices in the Nevada deserts- and other muppets booked holidays in Las Vegas to watch the dirty thins going off. Your hole country was poisoned- and still is today.
Fucking arseholes- and you talk about freedom?
Have you suffered a nervous breakdown with the Isle sinking or something. The 50s were probably the high point, downhill ever sincw

Olli Rehn

Local time
Have you suffered a nervous breakdown with the Isle sinking or something. The 50s were probably the high point, downhill ever sincw
LOL!
The 50ties were somehow good times for some. No for all.
US wargames all over the planet- and huge damage done to the planet, including your own country.
How on earth can you explode hundreds of nukes in your own country?

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
I think you watched The Day After again last night. Do you realize they were about 300 miles away from any thing. So the only thing is fallout, of which there is none with underground tests, which they all were from 1963 onwards. As usual you are a bit confused when it comes to the US

Olli Rehn

Local time
I think you watched The Day After again last night. Do you realize they were about 300 miles away from any thing. So the only thing is fallout, of which there is none with underground tests, which they all were from 1963 onwards. As usual you are a bit confused when it comes to the US

You are excreting shyte,Dan.

Have a look at this:

0aa2325e-b038-49cf-b78e-1823a1733665-medium16x9_map2.jpg

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
lol. You think cancer is only caused by radiation, so no cancer before 1945.

As I said all tests after 1963 were underground, zero radiation.

The thread is about economic conditions today

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
The Stock Market as measured by the S and P 500 has came all the way back and is now at a new high. It could churn here and it it then retreats it will be a massive double top formation.

I think technical analysis is for the birds but many follow it and that could lead to a rout

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
shorted AAPL at 466.96 as it hit a market cap of 2 trillion.

PRAY.
So far so good, a few cents against me but usually I time it wrong and it goes worse. We shall see.

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
In yet another sign that the economy isn’t poised for a quick bounceback even if researchers produce an effective COVID-19 vaccine, many companies are considering permanently laying off furloughed workers and taking other steps to make cost-cutting measures permanent.

Oliver Plunkett

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
The only thing I see resurrecting the economy is a global war and rapid re-industrialization.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Construction where allowed, has been busy here but the writing is on the wall. A ton of projects that were started are now rushing to get completed and trying to get sold. But few are foolish enough to break ground at the moment. They will sit on what all of a sudden is an extremely expensive site.

I hope to go into town tomorrow for a demonstration and I will have a good look around as well

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Irish construction never was so busy. Work is being refused by contractors. Cash is demanded and it it impossible to get staff on the books.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
The only thing I see resurrecting the economy is a global war and rapid re-industrialization.
I don't think there will be a war for at least 10 years. Re - industrialization will be too slow happening. I just predict unbelievable poverty