What's new

General Economic Chat

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
He is prone to panic. I would only use him as a sentry and even that would be risky but forget about him in combat because I suspect he would be as useless as Lalo Saul

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Instead of the overnight bounce, we instead see the selloff continue, with 37 minutes to go. Even my ill fated Apple short is now making money for me, after it badly went against me, thanks to Softbank in Japan

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
So today we had the bounce that was expected yesterday. Wall Street is doing great but Main Street is sinking by the week. So finally we will see some deflation come to the fore and it will need more printing to offset that and I do not think it will workk this time because the defation money disappearing is so large an amount. So I expect to see shares fall but the real value of the dollar to fall as well. Nut do not judge the dollar against other falling currencies but against gold and silver.An argument suggesting silver to fall is also with merit but I think it's limited supply will more than offset that.

Gold is as plentiful as ever though. We will see now very soon as the deterioration is visible to the eye here. Real Estate has only buckled in the city centers yet, expect that to change

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Markets have been sustained by straws of one type or another for the past month really after it began to drop on Sept 1st. Apple and Tesla both splitting for example and today a new iphone with 5G being introduced. I question how many previously high paid young people works lucratively in the hospitality business have cash now to spare for slightly faster servive.

But stalking the land is a growing threat of deflation. Very evident today again. I do not expect to see any meaningful stilulus plan at all before the election and if that is so, why wuld one appear before Jan 20th. The economy will be devastated during these 9 weeks.

We will have no monthly unemployment report before the election but the last one was ominous enough .

We are just beings earning reports yesterday and will see most in about 3 weeks. I feel there is not enough activity for half decent earning

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Bad numbers from Netflix after the bell now could be the straw that shakes the house of cards tomorrow.
It is not helping silver but I am heavily short stocks overall so am praying for deflation and rising interest rates.

both believed to be impossible by nearly everyone.

Masked Crusader

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Bad numbers from Netflix after the bell now could be the straw that shakes the house of cards tomorrow.
It is not helping silver but I am heavily short stocks overall so am praying for deflation and rising interest rates.

both believed to be impossible by nearly everyone.

Everything has been watched, the problem is with virtually no TV or movies being made its just repeats, repeats, repeats.

In Ireland Netflix is now showing lots of Channel 4 content, content that's already available for free on channel 4 online streaming service.

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Everything has been watched, the problem is with virtually no TV or movies being made its just repeats, repeats, repeats.

In Ireland Netflix is now showing lots of Channel 4 content, content that's already available for free on channel 4 online streaming service.
I am short this stock, that is the good news. The bad news is that it is a very very small number of shares. I will do that all the time because if it goes up, I do not short more for a long time. If it drops however, I can gradually increase my stake.

this turkey is values at 216 billion dollars. Ford is valued at 31 billion. of course there is many factors but still, that is a lot of monthly subscriptions

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
I am short this stock, that is the good news. The bad news is that it is a very very small number of shares. I will do that all the time because if it goes up, I do not short more for a long time. If it drops however, I can gradually increase my stake.

this turkey is values at 216 billion dollars. Ford is valued at 31 billion. of course there is many factors but still, that is a lot of monthly subscriptions

And there's hardly a single good film on Netflix. The only half decent one is about Trotsky.

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
My wife cancelled a few weeks back. That was about the kiddie sex movie but we don't need it or use it anyway. The US market is saturated, going by the numbers on the earnings report, I am not sure global demand is there, are people not already spun out on cable, internet, mobile, sports, etc etc packages. People are going to be short of cash.

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Looks like that deflation is kicking in. I am heavily short stocks and after getting badly hurt with SAM, I am now roaring back.

I sold most silver shares but still have options. Silver will be sucked lower in the near term but when it reverses it will be rapid as it will result from the dollar collapsing. We could have a serious Friday and Monday into Tuesday. Then the results come in.
I will load more and watch to jump on silver options

OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin

The jobs revival seems to have spluttered over the past few weeks so we await the monthly report. This article makes for some very sobering reflection.

A prediction against the prevailing view, is that we are to see the end of the democrat party TOTALLY like as in every single seat in 2018. We will watch how this all goes haywire for them

Latest User Threads