His Holiness Pope Francis - The Magic Theories of Capitalism have Failed

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 12:53
Well, if you really believe in God, you don't mind dying.
I do mind dying and I don't believe in God, which (the later) is a BIG part of why I mind dying.

But please, not believing in God is not the same as saying there is no (or believing there is no) God.

Many atheists don't believe there is no God and I'm certainly one of them

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time

He couldn't be much clearer. The pope has taken a firm political stance against right-leaning, pro-free market economic policies, and his condemnation appears to be largely pointed at Europe and the United States. His explicit reference to “trickle-down” economic policies—the hallmark of Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, and their political successors—is just the beginning: Throughout 224 pages on the future of the Church, he condemns income inequality, “the culture of prosperity,” and “a financial system which rules rather than serves.”

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
The Vatican has released a beautiful new coin, depicting Mother Earth. The image of a Native American woman is bound to enrage the old fuddy duddy right wing Catholics who nearly lost their minds over Pachamama last year, and maybe the racists will be upset by African being so prominent in the images - but His Holiness is not known for bowing down to the ignorance and superstition of this cohort. The image is also a very strong Pro Life statement. There's no doubt that Capitalism is aborting all of life on earth.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time