• Welcome to the GPO
    GPO is a private site, you are free to join up and see our full content.
    to register an account please follow the link below
    Register Account

Interesting Concepts in Science and Mathematics

Frog Féin

Local time
Today, 02:15
It's a great pity you did not develop that, Taking the attitude you did means you are belonging to the lower orders of society. Between you and I is an enormous gulf across which no man make it.
Look at my photo. I am beautiful. You are a mangy mongrel. That is the gulf you will never cross.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Look at my photo. I am beautiful. You are a mangy mongrel. That is the gulf you will never cross.
Mangy ---- Manky ----- Mongrel??????? Tine to do the test. Mowl, Godsdog, Could that be where Mowl disappeared to?

Last edited:

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Val the greatest teacher is the one who makes it easy (to understand)

You make it very difficult
Then why are most 3rd level degree courses over 4 years? If it was easy why would one year not do

U2 Documentary

Local time
Then why are most 3rd level degree courses over 4 years? If it was easy why would one year not do
I'd imagine a lot of degrees could be condensed to 3 years maximum.

That wasn't my point of course

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
I'd imagine a lot of degrees could be condensed to 3 years maximum.

That wasn't my point of course
They could, but if you suffered from a serious medical complaint, would you attend a quack for treatment?

U2 Documentary

Local time
They could, but if you suffered from a serious medical complaint, would you attend a quack for treatment?
Well, I remember when I went to university being a little disappointed as it didn't seem that much different to 6th year in school.

I definitely think my 1st and 2nd years could have been condensed to just one year.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Well, I remember when I went to university being a little disappointed as it didn't seem that much different to 6th year in school.

I definitely think my 1st and 2nd years could have been condensed to just one year.
University for arts, History English is a bluff. There is no need to know any of it. Veterinary medicine , Medicine , engineering and accounting are tough subjects and take time.

U2 Documentary

Local time
University for arts, History English is a bluff. There is no need to know any of it. Veterinary medicine , Medicine , engineering and accounting are tough subjects and take time.
I certainly didn't do an arts degree :)

A lot of qualifying as an accountant involves passing professional exams while working full-time

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
I certainly didn't do an arts degree :)

A lot of qualifying as an accountant involves passing professional exams while working full-time
Yes and no, many people can never qualify. Its is a very hard subject. Such things as the revaluation of fixed assets group accounts are bitches

Pharmacy too. Several chemists children cannot qualify. Law is hard too. It suits me because of the type of brain I have. It is also wide in scope and requires accounting and taxation.

You cant learn that by working in a solicitors office doing the accounts of shops etc.

Last edited: