• Welcome to the GPO
    GPO is a private site, you are free to join up and see our full content.
    to register an account please follow the link below
    Register Account

Mathematical Challenges to Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
Today, 02:02
An interesting discussion here with three mathematicians, who claim that there must be something wrong with the Theory of Natural Selection, since it would take more time than the entire duration of the universe for DNA to randomly transmute from one species into another. I've always thought myself that Natural Selection is a theory that looks at how humans under Capitalism behaved during the 19th Century, and then projected that behaviour backward on to all of evolution. I have no doubt that evolution of species does occur. Leonardo Da Vinci laid out this theory long before Darwin. If you look at the mountains behind the Mona Lisa, Da Vinci spent years collecting fossils of sea animals in those mountains and recognized that the animal species changed with each successive layer of soil and rock. However, he did not speculate on the process behind this evolution. The German philosopher, Fredrich Von Shelling, wrote extensively on evolution in the early 1800s. He believed that all of nature, as a whole, effects each individual species, as nature in general evolves as a whole. In short, no species is evolving in any random manner but evolves in sympathy with the rest of nature. I believe that Von Shelling will be proven more correct than Darwin. Nature is not about the survival of the fittest - that's brutish Capitalism. Nature is about development through co-operation and increasing awareness.

Last edited: