Mental Illness on the Increase.

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Today, 03:29
Moderating on numerous forums over the years I have always come across a phenomenon called Sock Accounts.

We all know what they are, chances we have all come across them. They generally are used to agree to something posted by the same poster which is kind of strange because had their original point contained any merit they would not need the security of having a sock account back them up.

Some people live for the Internet, it provides them with admiration, celebration and a type of worship they do not find in the real world, others use the Internet and forums, in particular, to discuss and share ideas, sound out their anger at a subject they wouldn't be able to do in public or speak to people with the same interest in subjects.

The poster who seeks admiration, likes and such has a deep urge to be accepted, this is why they partly create a sock account, their ideas and points are so boring or mute they end up having to like themselves to be able to push the idea they had and hope with their sock liking the same thing and commenting on the subject others will follow and like rats follow the pied piper.

It is these types of people operating sock accounts for admiration and security of their own points which leads me to believe they must have some sort of Mental Illness. Having dealt with such people directly it is obvious that something hasn't clicked right in their development as a child or perhaps something has happened to them in later life such as their wife dumping them for a Black Refugee. Whatever the reason you can often see a pattern in the way they post and the logic of what they type, obsession for instance, and the constant talking about someone or something shows that the person feels inadequate and longs for acceptance. This is why a sock account to them is like a hug blanket to a child, they even take on the persona of the sock and allow it to become part of the psyche.

People with these sorts of problems should be careful in life, they end up talking with themselves so much they ultimately lose all touch of reality and whilst they may enjoy their own company they will end up a sad and lonely depressant with no life at all.

Im please to say this site does not support sock accounts, nobody here operates them nor do we need too. We are not so desperate for posters that we need sock accounts unlike some very small insignificant sites that operate as a plaything for the mentally disturbed.

Ribeye

Local time
Great post, I have often battled with sock accounts, some people use them to bully posters. Had this happen to me on P.ie.

Ribeye

Local time
Is that the real Youngdan Youngdan pisting away on that fake copy site setup by that gay freak?

Ribeye

Local time
No, post here. Am a member and read on PI, and recently just had a read of the DS site,they are infatuated by me it seems. They appear to have an inferiority complex and are in awe of my intellectual prowess.
How sad that they are not faking you, even as far to steal your Avatar.

I think Belgrade has it right, mental illness.

boombox

Local time
I see a sock account here that I'm not too happy about
Lol, i am wondering if you are blind, stupid or both.

He just created a fake Youngdan acccount, stole a lot of Dan's threads and then renamed the account Hamster. You then welcomed Hamster!

And I am not a sock, just a regular poster laughing at the mad cunt.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Yesterday, 22:29
How sad that they are not faking you, even as far to steal your Avatar.

I think Belgrade has it right, mental illness.
The problem is that nobody can fake me as they don't have the brains and knowledge , as pointed out by Mowl who detected straight off, that it was not me. Mowl is not stupid

M

Mo

You do love the auld sock puppets too though, don't you Dan?
So I guess the OP applies to you too? :ROFLMAO:

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
No, post here. Am a member and read on PI, and recently just had a read of the DS site,they are infatuated by me it seems. They appear to have an inferiority complex and are in awe of my intellectual prowess.
What is that site?

Local time
Lady lavery and Barry Humphries were two of the youngdans many sock accounts

Frog Féin

Local time
POLITICAL ISLE

Thanks.

I clicked over and had a look for a minute.

Guess what?

Within 30 seconds I came across Mowl talking about..........talking about................talking about..........drum roll please.................talking about.....yes you guessed it - Meeeeeeeeeowl!!!!!!!!!

Not only was Me-owl talking about himself, he was talking about us here talking about himself, so I better stop talking about himself in case he sees I'm talking about him while talking about him talking about himself.

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
Thanks.

I clicked over and had a look for a minute.

Guess what?

Within 30 seconds I came across Mowl talking about..........talking about................talking about..........drum roll please.................talking about.....yes you guessed it - Meeeeeeeeeowl!!!!!!!!!

Not only was Me-owl talking about himself, he was talking about us here talking about himself, so I better stop talking about himself in case he sees I'm talking about him while talking about him talking about himself.
The fella is unhinged.

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Lady Lavery yes, never heard of the Barry Account.
Barry was DS86DS, he created a sock account pretending to be Dan.