Micheál Martin elected Taoiseach as 33rd Dáil sits

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Today, 06:11

Congratulations to Micheál, I am not sure what kind of Taoiseach he will be, I am not sure if the government will even last 5 years but I wish him well and offer my congratulations.

Time will be the judge on the Trio of FF,FG and the Greens taking control over the government,

Local time
I will not congratulate...... this is a stitch up and definitely not what the people voted for on Feb 8th
The people clearly voted fine Gael out of office and it is clear to me that Sinn fein and fianna fail had the mandates to begin negotiations

I condemn this farce

Thelasthurrah

Local time

Congratulations to Micheál, I am not sure what kind of Taoiseach he will be, I am not sure if the government will even last 5 years but I wish him well and offer my congratulations.

Time will be the judge on the Trio of FF,FG and the Greens taking control over the government,
I think MM and FF have made a serious mistake in rejecting the opportunity for real change that was on offer i.e. coalition with SF.
I also think they may well pay a heavy price come the next election.

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
I will not congratulate...... this is a stitch up and definitely not what the people voted for on Feb 8th
The people clearly voted fine Gael out of office and it is clear to me that Sinn fein and fianna fail had the mandates to begin negotiations

I condemn this farce
How is it a farce? The majority of TDs voted for him so he is Taoiseach. That's the way it works.

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Its the government we have, not a lot we can do about it.

I hope they can form some sort of stability and deliver for the people during their term.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Today, 01:11
It will not last long. O Cuiv and a few more will bolt.

Sparta

Local time
Some strange nominations.

image.md.png

The Greens will be a disaster I fear.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Does the Minister for Higher Education actually have any Higher Education.

Sparta

Local time
Does the Minister for Higher Education actually have any Higher Education.
No, that's the Irony, he never went on to have Higher Education.

We also have another Gay person for children's Minister, and an economist as Health Minister.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Not familiar with these people. Mr Flanagan had the honor of meeting me in Boston, I see he is left out. He is likely relieved and has enough in pensions and dubious gains

Sparta

Local time
Not familiar with these people. Mr Flanagan had the honor of meeting me in Boston, I see he is left out. He is likely relieved and has enough in pensions and dubious gains
He is a gobshite, trying to force his hate speech laws on us all. The only good thing out of today was him losing his seat.

Ribeye

Local time
Martin took 6 counts to be elected if I remember, has to be a very luck man.

Lady Jayne

Local time
Not sure what people are so worried for? We were always going to get a bum deal regardless of who is in charge.