What's new

"Pro Life" Gript defending the Slaughter of a Mentally Ill African Man

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator

Dr. Matt Tracy of the Pope Pius XI Brigade of the Provisional IRA

There was always a right wing thicko element in the Provisional IRA, and Matt Tracy is certainly determined to remind us of that fact. We shouldn't be overly surprised by that. Of course, Matt is no longer a member of the PIRA, but then we are told that nobody is.

What is more remarkable is that a magazine like Gript, which was set up with Pro Life money for the very purpose of opposing unnecessary killing should help Matt with his brain dead right wing agenda to support this police killing.

Sadly, Gript doesn't seem to know if it is Pro-Life - or just a collection of semi-literate right wing thickos.

But, to respond to Dr. Matt's very poorly written diatribe, of course racism is central to the killing of that mentally ill young man in Blanchardstown. The very fact that Africans are being piled into ghettos in Blanch for the profit of Vulture Funds like Goldman Sachs is racist. We don't see many Jews in there, do we.

Africans are piled into far flung estates with no facilities and no employment - and things are supposed to turn out differently than they have in England, France, Sweden, etc. Of course, things are turning out exactly the same. But, as long as Goldman Sachs is able to pick up its monthly cheque from the taxpayer - then you have to be a wacist to suggest anything is wrong.

Apart from that, this young man's family begged the HSE to give their son mental treatment over a long period. It totally failed to do so. You might say that that wasn't racism, as the HSE is generally shit and generally lets everyone down, but actually it is. Migrants from hugely different cultures are bound to suffer from a much higher incidence of mental illness. The Free State Comprador Régime has made no preparation for that. The only purpose of these people is to prop up the price of property - and as long as they're doing that - sure, everything is grand.

Apart from all of that, the behaviour of the Gardaí was simply a case of white men being frightened and confused by the behaviour of a black man. The Gardaí have been given no training or resources to deal with the huge influx of migrants from vastly different cultures. This too is racism.

Last edited:

Golah veNekhar

What is more remarkable is that a magazine like Gript, which was set up with Pro Life money for the very purpose of opposing unnecessary killing should help Matt with his brain dead right wing agenda to support this police killing.

Sadly, Gript doesn't seem to know if it is Pro-Life - or just a collection of semi-literate right wing thickos.

There are huge problems with Gript but number one is that for want of a better word Southern Irish "social conservatives" have been defeated almost outright in the "culture wars"; there is very little to no analysis of why this happened and what analysis there is largely superfical. Now in this life for all persons and groups there is so much in life that is out of our control, that we are victims, but there remains things always to some degree within our own control. There should be a serious questioning of what Southern Catholics, social conservatives, whatever, etc did wrong, what you yourself did as a group to get into this situation.

Now obviously other factors were at play but focusing on others before you have gotten your own house somewhat in order often does more harm than good, it is often a cop out. One of the big reasons I think they lost so badly is a shallow triumphalism which even now in their shocked state you still see attempts at on Gript, and another one which is very much linked to that is anti-intellectualism.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
There are huge problems with Gript but number one is that for want of a better word Southern Irish "social conservatives" have been defeated almost outright in the "culture wars"; there is very little to no analysis of why this happened and what analysis there is largely superfical. Now in this life for all persons and groups there is so much in life that is out of our control, that we are victims, but there remains things always to some degree within our own control. There should be a serious questioning of what Southern Catholics, social conservatives, whatever, etc did wrong, what you yourself did as a group to get into this situation.

Now obviously other factors were at play but focusing on others before you have gotten your own house somewhat in order often does more harm than good, it is often a cop out. One of the big reasons I think they lost so badly is a shallow triumphalism which even now in their shocked state you still see attempts at on Gript, and another one which is very much linked to that is anti-intellectualism.

The bottom line is that Irish Conservatives really have nothing to offer. The Ireland of the past was a cesspit, and no sane person wants to return to it - even if that were possible.

Eggs Ackley

As soon as reports of the incident emerged and Nationalists/Conservatives started on the "Guard did nothin wrong" narrative I wondered how long it would take for the Gardaí to turn on their loudest supporters. In fairness it took longer that I expected, about 3 days.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
As soon as reports of the incident emerged and Nationalists/Conservatives started on the "Guard did nothin wrong" narrative I wondered how long it would take for the Gardaí to turn on their loudest supporters. In fairness it took longer that I expected, about 3 days.

Excellent observation, a chara.

Mowl

Ireland's Most Master Hated
Apart from that, this young man's family begged the HSE to give their son mental treatment over a long period. It totally failed to do so. You might say that that wasn't racism, as the HSE is generally shit and generally lets everyone down, but actually it is.

I wrote an article recently about the differences between mental health care in Ireland and Finland. Up here, we have a broad range of services available at a moment's notice should anybody find themselves out of sorts. One call results in the patient being collected by ambulance and taken to a health centre for rest and examination.

I've lost a number of friends here to suicide. The one that hurt the most was my music business partner from New Orleans. The marriage failed and she took the kids away from him. He couldn't cope at all and I tried several times to call in and talk about his condition. I knew he was close to the line but I never thought he'd top himself. He went home to Nola to visit his family and while there, took his pistol (he was a US Marine for three tours - all in Afghanistan) and blew the top of is head off, dying instantly.

It crushed me, I felt I was to blame, he had no-one else to talk to and I did my level best to get him to sign in for even a few days. He was too embarrassed to admit to what was going through his head but all the signs were there: he gave up on himself. Stopped eating, started drinking, never slept, never seemed to stop to take a breath.

But had he made that one call - then the entire range of public health services would be on his side and would give him everything he needed to egt through the darkest of days. A room of his own, medication to help him sleep and eat, time out, counselors to talk to, psychiatrists to help him work through things, and anything else he could possibly have needed.

But he chose not to - and went home to Nola.

I should have known what he was going to do. I should have been there with him. I was the only person who knew what he was considering and I did everything I could to give him reasons to go on. But inside? He was already shattered into a million tiny pieces. Giving up was his final option.

There's simply no mental health care in Ireland though: many friends back home (the sort who used to wave their house and car-keys at me back in the noughties, telling me I was mad to leave) took their own lives after the bubble burst. Their debts would never be paid off, they were slaves to the banks and state. Hanging was the most common option, but two more did the car crash version: write up the suicide note, drink a bottle of spirits down with multiple tablets, then get in the car and smash themselves into a wall or a pole.

The saddest cases were those who decided to go but failed in their method.

I know of two men who hung themselves but failed to die; one was rescued at the last moment by family and the other torn his brain stem out and was/is a vegetable now. Others tried using their medication to kill themselves: not all of them died either. But they emerged from the other end of the tunnel physically and mentally broke. In bed for life, can't speak, can't move, has to have everything done for them.

It strikes me as an odd thing that when mental health issues are addressed in Ireland, they onlu tell you about those that succeeded in taking their own lives - and NOT the ones who tried but failed. It's the one major thing the suicidal person has to contemplate: 'am I doing this right? Will it definitely work? What if I survive it? What will I be? Who'll take care of me?'

We get to see self-harmers and what they've done to themselves, because the scars are all visible. But we neither see nor hear anything about failed suicidal attempts. These are definitely the worst cases to occur.

On a final note: I personally feel that the Irish state doesn't give a fuck about anyone's mental health. In fact, the more of them that succeed in killing themselves - the better off the state will be financially. They don't have to hospitalize or care for them - because they're dead. By denying suicidal people access to mental health care, the likelihood of more and successful suicides keeps the costs down.

Then there's the social attitude to mental health and breakdowns: 'ahh, would you ever shut up and pull your socks up, none of us are happy for fuck's sake..' and BAM! There goes another one. If you want somebody to blame, then I suggest you start with Joan Burton: that fucking bitch turned suicide in Ireland into 'death by misadventure' and did it to appease the insurance companies holding personal health accounts people had started when they began working and saving for their future.

So, as it stands? You can set up your video camera/Facetime and film yourself drinking a litre of 85% pure spirits to wash down dozens of pills and then take the car and wrap it around a brick wall or take a shotgun and put it into your gob and blow your head clean off.

Your death certificate? Death by misadventure, a car crash under the influence of alcohol and prescribed medications. You didn't kill yourself. You died accidentally/on purpose.

So now the family have no child any longer but neither are they stigmatized by a suicide in the family. The child died accidentally. On purpose.

I hope that none of Joan's children die by misadventure.

Sure the stigma would only destroy her chances of ever running again.

Last edited:

General O'Duffy

Credere, obbedire, combattere
A young woman was set upon by a gang of African savages in Balbriggan the other day.

I suppose they were just mentally ill too...

General O'Duffy

When an Irish scumbag goes on the rampage he's just a scumbag. When diversity does it suddenly they're all just mentally ill.

How does that compute?

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
When an Irish scumbag goes on the rampage he's just a scumbag. When diversity does it suddenly they're all just mentally ill.

How does that compute?

Some people are mentally ill, some are not. The Gardaí had already been alerted to this man's mental illness - several times - as had the HSE. The vermin in Balbriggen who attacked that woman are likely to be just subhuman scumbags.

General O'Duffy

Is it a problem with the African though that its nigh on impossible to civilise him?

I do believe the Jew Shatter to be the greatest traitor in the great Fine Gael party. I don't mind importing people who can work. Blacks can't. My brother tried an African on his farm to labour and half a day in he found him in the chicken coop eating one of the hens.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
Is it a problem with the African though that its nigh on impossible to civilise him?

I do believe the Jew Shatter to be the greatest traitor in the great Fine Gael party. I don't mind importing people who can work. Blacks can't. My brother tried an African on his farm to labour and half a day in he found him in the chicken coop eating one of the hens.

Actually, black people are very hard workers. In 1860 in the USA, the labour of black people was the most valuable asset in the USA - worth more than all the banks, railroads and factories combined.

General O'Duffy

It was Paddy and the Chink who built the railroads and worked the factories. The African picked the cotton. He did so successfully because he had a white patriarch to nurture and council him (and to discipline if necessary).

Now two thirds of Africans in Ireland are unemployed. Why would that be?

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
It was Paddy and the Chink who built the railroads and worked the factories. The African picked the cotton. He did so successfully because he had a white patriarch to nurture and council him (and to discipline if necessary).

Now two thirds of Africans in Ireland are unemployed. Why would that be?

In 1860, agriculture was by far the biggest industry in the USA.

General O'Duffy

Wasn't the African in a better state being bound by the dutiful white man than he was after "emancipation"?

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator

Yes, and Paddy also worked because he had the Whip of Poverty across his back.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Senior Moderator
Wasn't the African in a better state being bound by the dutiful white man than he was after "emancipation"?

The Pink Man in the Americas has always been a rogue invader - a rapist of the land.

General O'Duffy

Nothing wrong with a hard days work. All societies need an underclass.

Top Bottom