Reaching out to the silent majority

Local time
Today, 14:49
While we are outspoken in our beliefs here, I believe there is a vast silent majority in Ireland who agree with our viewpoints and those of the nationalist parties founded in more recent years, yet fear expressing those views out of the fear of chastisement and decision. There is an overwhelming annoyance amongst the native Irish people at what they increasingly perceive as a growing threat to their country from unchecked immigration and open borders. They worry for their children's and grandchildren's futures. Irish people are increasingly seeing their lifelong communities transformed within the mere space of a few years by an arrogant and out of touch globalist corporate government which seemingly does not pay heed to their daily concerns. They also see how our welfare system, healthcare system and education systems are buckling under the strain of overcrowding.

They can see their communities such as Longford and Balbriggan in particular become more dangerous and hostile environments to live in by the week. Women and the elderly in particular fear for their safety at night. They see other cultures being given priority to hospital beds while waiting lists continue to spiral out of control with even serious and life threatening conditions left unattended for months on end. They see an education system whereby their children have to sit through classes with disruptive students, who also hold back the rest of the class given their poor command of Irish and English. They also see an education system which is teaching their children values hostile to their beliefs, values and homeland

There are many more examples to list, but I believe that many Irish people are waking up to the doings of the corrupt globalist corporate controlled government which is ruining our country, economic security and the future of our people. However, like in most other Western societies, the majority of people are so browbeaten by political correctness and the leftist propaganda that they are afraid to express their true beliefs given how the Leftist mob controls our society and what's considered acceptable speech in a most Orwellian fashion. People are forced to show a certain politeness when talking in public, or when answering questions for opinion polls. In their own private time and amongst family and friends they are not afraid to speak the truth about the detested leftist Big Brother which runs our society at every level. However, it seems that there is confusion about what the alternatives are. A lot of people still believe that the corrupt FFG parties and their pro-globalist corporate agenda along with the fake opposition of Sinn Fein and Labour are their only choices, and thus many simply give up. How do we reach out to this Silent Majority and show them that there is a way to restore our country, and restore to Ireland it's lost independence and the social and cultural cohesion which globalism and Liberalism has stolen from us?

F

Fred English

I'm not sure what the solution is.

Politics is downstream of culture. Change the culture. Make people more aware of what's happening.

But I mean, if someone actually believes that gender doesn't exist (let alone race) then there's quite a lot of work to do, it would seem.

F

Fred English

One more point I should make actually, almost everyone in Ireland is (covertly) a civic nationalist, that includes almost all of the so-called nationalists. They're all terrified of being called a racist or buy into the - We're not white we're Irish trope.

Local time
One more point I should make actually, almost everyone in Ireland is (covertly) a civic nationalist, that includes almost all of the so-called nationalists. They're all terrified of being called a racist or buy into the - We're not white we're Irish trope.
Being Irish means to be of Irish blood. A piece of paper or a senseless piece of propaganda will never eradicate that simple truth.

F

Fred English

Being Irish means to be of Irish blood. A piece of paper or a senseless piece of propaganda will never eradicate that simple truth.
"Irish blood", is that the politically correct term? :)

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
I am afraid it doesn't. The law is clear. If you go through the citizenship route you are an Irish passport holder and therefore Irish. I don't see how you can do it any other way. We'd have people living here for many many years who would be unable to get citizenship because they are not of Irish blood. Not tenable in these times. I would say our citizenship route is flawed with no requirment to learn Irish or even basic lessons on Irish history and duties of citizenship.

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
While we are outspoken in our beliefs here, I believe there is a vast silent majority in Ireland who agree with our viewpoints and those of the nationalist parties founded in more recent years, yet fear expressing those views out of the fear of chastisement and decision.
Given the paltry vote share of so called nationalist parties I disagree there is a majority.

F

Fred English

Most likely not.
Well it wouldn't be politically correct to an anti-white (leftist)..

But at the same time you are avoiding mentioning race. Which makes it politically correct, in a sense

Olli Rehn

Local time
This post shows in a nutshell why you and your ilk will never present any Irish.
The "silent majority" you are fantasising about does not exist.
You have to learn first to accept your next door neighbour. Otherwise you are stuck in your bogman mentality!

Supermac1

Local time
Very aggressive behaviour by an African in a Supermarket in Cork this week I heard.

F

Fred English

I could not care less what a Nigerian thinks.
Perhaps I wasn't clear on this.

Let's imagine a scenario, a Nigerian born in Nigeria arrives in Ireland at 20 years of age, claims asylum, becomes a refugee and at age 30 ends up at one of our 'citizenship ceremonies'.

Are you saying that that person is now Irish, not Nigerian, and you couldn't give a damn what they think?

Clanrickard

Staff member
Local time
Perhaps I wasn't clear on this.

Let's imagine a scenario, a Nigerian born in Nigeria arrives in Ireland at 20 years of age, claims asylum, becomes a refugee and at age 30 ends up at one of our 'citizenship ceremonies'.

Are you saying that that person is now Irish, not Nigerian, and you couldn't give a damn what they think?
If the person is a citizen I do care what they think. I wouldn't care what a Nigerian in Nigeria thinks.

Local time
That is true but there is also the truth that there is another different 'being Irish'.

Your description is different to the being Irish by State approval.
I wouldn't put much heed on being Irish by State approval other than for civic purposes. If a citizen is living here and working here and need state approval to function properly then so be it. I on the other hand would not allow the State to tell me if I am Irish or not. I need a passport to travel and the State issue passports. That's as far as it goes, that passport has no bearing on my cultural identity, it's merely a document of convenience.

I disagree that there is a silent majority. Mostly because a silent majority can never be verified as existing and is often used to boost a point rather than make a point.

Local time
This post shows in a nutshell why you and your ilk will never present any Irish.
The "silent majority" you are fantasising about does not exist.
You have to learn first to accept your next door neighbour. Otherwise you are stuck in your bogman mentality!
Nigerians will never be accepted in Ireland my friend just as Irish would never be accepted in Nigeria