What's new

RTÉ attacks Christianity at Christmas

Thelasthurrah

The joke is utterly irrelevant

The broadcasting of such a "joke" is what's relevant

Not being able to see the wood for the trees is low IQ..
Being an atheist I'm not offended by this personally, but I will say this, there is no way RTE would have aired a similar skit targeting Islam. They would have been too terrified to even contemplate it.

Golah veNekhar

Being an atheist I'm not offended by this personally, but I will say this, there is no way RTE would have aired a similar skit targeting Islam. They would have been too terrified to even contemplate it.

I typed out an angry post to this but deleted it because you did not deserve the anger which was really directed at some of the posters on the thread dealing with this RTE topic on Pish who were making the same point that you were making only going about it in shall we say a more ignorant fashion.

However this points needs to be seriously made; this skit was as much directed against Islam as it was against Christianity. The Virgin Birth is in the Koran.

Thelasthurrah

I typed out an angry post to this but deleted it because you did not deserve the anger which was really directed at some of the posters on the thread dealing with this RTE topic on Pish who were making the same point that you were making only going about it in shall we say a more ignorant fashion.

However this points needs to be seriously made; this skit was as much directed against Islam as it was against Christianity. The Virgin Birth is in the Koran.
I was unaware as I'm sure most others are also unaware, therein lies the problem for Rte.

Mowl

Ireland's Most Hated
LOl. that was brilliant :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

He's good alright: dry as a bone in the desert and cooler than a cucumber.

I'm talking about the photo that was mentioned earlier by poster NONE - he saw ur facebook page.

And you've gone and done it again - posted a video of a guy who looks like you.

Spa.

Lots of people see my Facebook page - most of them apply to be a friend, but I don't accept people I don't know personally to my personal page: I'll allow them to join my social page along with the other six and a half thousand fans who can't get over my genial wit, satire, intellect, looks, thoughts and lifestyle. I'd imagine you have a couple of thousand so-called friends on Facebook? Yes? Do they get to enjoy your hot banjo skills, Froggy?

Bet you weren't laughing when you were being slandered. Sexually slandered at that.

Neither of us laughed: it was a serious situation that both of us were concerned about; even though we came at the issue from opposing sides, we still managed to see our way through to the end - when the accused was found innocent and released.

I accepted the court's verdict when the man went down and I accepted the second verdict when his charges were thrown out of court. This is how men deal with things, Froggy: we don't pretend we're some bimbo page three Daily Mirror slut from 1981.

Just a little misunderstanding. We've moved on from that a long time ago.

Indeed: it was a revelatory debate: everyone had an opinion and some of us were right and others wrong. What matters is that justice was served. Now that the man is free and living and breathing the free air, both Tadhg and I learned a lot from each other.

This is how gentlemen behave, Frog - we don't pretend to be big-titted sluts.

True - but then again, RTE have a captive audience - mainly due to the threat hanging over any person unfortunate enough to be stranded on the hopeless little island that you'll be sent down if you don't pay for your daily dose of propaganda and lame humour.

Rubbish: no Islamic person in Ireland complained - if they did, show us where?

I was unaware as I'm sure most others are also unaware, therein lies the problem for Rte.

Never ever take anything you see on RTE seriously.

It is not some obscure fact.

See reply above.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Mods,
allowing people to start threads shamelessly titled and specifically intended to attack particular other posters they dislike is a very slippery slope and if this behaviour is permitted
then it will not end well. James needs to go. He's a total nuisance poster and will never reform.
You need to get rid of all leaving yourself. Revolutionary

Here is the reference for my complaint.

Please be advised that complaint reference C5379 is now due to be considered.

Last edited:

Latest User Threads