• Welcome to the GPO
    GPO is a private site, you are free to join up and see our full content.
    to register an account please follow the link below
    Register Account

Scientists - Conspiracy Theorists Have a Fundamental Cognitive Problem

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
Today, 02:00
I Lost My Best Friend To QAnon

As lockdown took hold, Tim gradually phased from reposting funny TikToks to sharing outlandish posts on Facebook from unverifiable sources. During our weekly chats, I gently refuted his posts with news reports disproving his sources. But, without irony, he would always angrily tell me I was “brainwashed”, and that my consumption of mainstream media made me “part of the problem.” I was hurt and shocked, of course, but also alarmed: we’d had our fair share of arguments over the years, but never have I seen him be this combative.

Over the next few weeks I continued trying to reason with him, to no avail. Eventually I was unfriended and blocked from viewing his Facebook profile. My calls and messages to him went ignored.

Just like that, a friendship of fifteen years ended. Not hearing from him after the first week sent me into a daze, considering we had exchanged memes nearly every day for years. I was overcome with pangs of guilt, wondering if I did enough to persuade him, or could have perhaps attempted my reasoning with him in a less overwhelming manner.

Last edited:

Frog Féin

Local time
I Lost My Best Friend To QAnon

As lockdown took hold, Tim gradually phased from reposting funny TikToks to sharing outlandish posts on Facebook from unverifiable sources. During our weekly chats, I gently refuted his posts with news reports disproving his sources. But, without irony, he would always angrily tell me I was “brainwashed”, and that my consumption of mainstream media made me “part of the problem.” I was hurt and shocked, of course, but also alarmed: we’d had our fair share of arguments over the years, but never have I seen him be this combative.

Over the next few weeks I continued trying to reason with him, to no avail. Eventually I was unfriended and blocked from viewing his Facebook profile. My calls and messages to him went ignored.

Just like that, a friendship of fifteen years ended. Not hearing from him after the first week sent me into a daze, considering we had exchanged memes nearly every day for years. I was overcome with pangs of guilt, wondering if I did enough to persuade him, or could have perhaps attempted my reasoning with him in a less overwhelming manner.

I have an interesting clip here for you re Alesteir........sorry I mean................... Alexander Dugin. Go to 11mins 20 seconds of the following.

Its good to know conspiracy theorists like me eh.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
I have an interesting clip here for you re Alesteir........sorry I mean................... Alexander Dugin. Go to 11mins 20 seconds of the following.

It's not Dugin saying they should honour the memory of Aleister Crowley. Besides, he was an interesting fellow, why not honour his memory?

Frog Féin

Local time
It's not Dugin saying they should honour the memory of Aleister Crowley. Besides, he was an interesting fellow, why not honour his memory?
Wow, spoken like a true Talmudic truth bender - You show your true colours at last.

How fucking tragic.

Frog Féin

Local time
So tell me what was so wrong with Alister Crowley?

“After five years of folly and weakness, miscalled politeness, tact, discretion, care for the feeling of others, I am weary of it. I say today: the hell with Christianity, Rationalism, Buddhism, all the lumber of the centuries. I bring you a positive and primaeval fact, Magick by name; and with this I will build me a new Heaven and a new Earth. I want none of your faint approval or faint dispraise; I want blasphemy, murder, rape, revolution, anything, bad or good, but strong.”

He sounds like one of your megalomaniacal genocidal Jewish bolshevik mates.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
“After five years of folly and weakness, miscalled politeness, tact, discretion, care for the feeling of others, I am weary of it. I say today: the hell with Christianity, Rationalism, Buddhism, all the lumber of the centuries. I bring you a positive and primaeval fact, Magick by name; and with this I will build me a new Heaven and a new Earth. I want none of your faint approval or faint dispraise; I want blasphemy, murder, rape, revolution, anything, bad or good, but strong.”

He sounds like one of your megalomaniacal genocidal Jewish bolshevik mates.

Sounds like drug induced fantasy. As far as I know, Crowley never raped or murdered anyone.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time

Well, there's a Jewish-American "historian" called Ann Applebaum, who claims that Donald Trump and Nigel Farage are Neo-Bolsheviks.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
, 21:00

I watched a video of him about 2 weeks ago or less and he said Intel was all done. I said that I would short the stock and sure enough it shit the bed Friday

Unfortunately, I never put on the trade.

Now in this video he states that Trump is to get back in, a done deal.

We will find out now in just 8 days

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
I note the moon landing hoax is gone from here now.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time