• Welcome to the GPO
    GPO is a private site, you are free to join up and see our full content.
    to register an account please follow the link below
    Register Account

Scientists - Conspiracy Theorists Have a Fundamental Cognitive Problem

Golah veNekhar

Local time
Today, 02:31
I have an interesting clip here for you re Alesteir........sorry I mean................... Alexander Dugin. Go to 11mins 20 seconds of the following.

Its good to know conspiracy theorists like me eh.
Dugin has said a lot of trollish things in the past. Remember that he comes out of the anti-Liberal "dissident" Russian scene of the 1970s and 1980s which produced a lot of colourful characters and had quite a bit of a wind up merchent flavour to it.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
I Lost My Best Friend To QAnon

As lockdown took hold, Tim gradually phased from reposting funny TikToks to sharing outlandish posts on Facebook from unverifiable sources. During our weekly chats, I gently refuted his posts with news reports disproving his sources. But, without irony, he would always angrily tell me I was “brainwashed”, and that my consumption of mainstream media made me “part of the problem.” I was hurt and shocked, of course, but also alarmed: we’d had our fair share of arguments over the years, but never have I seen him be this combative.

Over the next few weeks I continued trying to reason with him, to no avail. Eventually I was unfriended and blocked from viewing his Facebook profile. My calls and messages to him went ignored.

Just like that, a friendship of fifteen years ended. Not hearing from him after the first week sent me into a daze, considering we had exchanged memes nearly every day for years. I was overcome with pangs of guilt, wondering if I did enough to persuade him, or could have perhaps attempted my reasoning with him in a less overwhelming manner.

Well don't have a monkey's notion about what you are talking about. But your friend was right. You could not acquire and hold those communist infatuations without massive indoctrination.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
No harm. A respectable forum should not deal in that stuff.
106 years ago a hoax began to be rolled out to claim the lives of millions. It was called the 1st world war and was based on the hoax that Irish men who fought with Britain were helping someone some where. In fact they were not, at the end of the war, Europe was split and a monstrous communist tyranny took hold in Russia.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
We have the covid hoax now. Look at the hoax the provos pulled claiming if the Brits were got rid of Irish nationalism would flourish,

In fact they want communism and it is now flourishing, Nationalism is dying on there watch. Hunger strikers starved them selves to death believing that crap which was a hoax

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
We have the covid hoax now. Look at the hoax the provos pulled claiming if the Brits were got rid of Irish nationalism would flourish,

In fact they want communism and it is now flourishing, Nationalism is dying on there watch. Hunger strikers starved them selves to death believing that crap which was a hoax

You cannot be a Nationalist without sharing most of the basic tenants of Communism. Nationalism is a collective ideology. It's opposed to individualism.

Olli Rehn

Local time
106 years ago a hoax began to be rolled out to claim the lives of millions. It was called the 1st world war and was based on the hoax that Irish men who fought with Britain were helping someone some where. In fact they were not, at the end of the war, Europe was split and a monstrous communist tyranny took hold in Russia.
Total bollix!

Frog Féin

Local time
Dugin has said a lot of trollish things in the past. Remember that he comes out of the anti-Liberal "dissident" Russian scene of the 1970s and 1980s which produced a lot of colourful characters and had quite a bit of a wind up merchent flavour to it.
Is he still dabbling in satanism I wonder?

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Total bollix!
What was in it for any soldier? Or any Irish man. It plunged Europe, Asia and China into communism. Let the Germans rule Continental EUROPE

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
What was in it for any soldier? Or any Irish man. It plunged Europe, Asia and China into communism. Let the Germans rule Continental EUROPE

That only goes to show how unnatural Capitalism is, and how natural Communism is.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
You cannot be a Nationalist without sharing most of the basic tenants of Communism. Nationalism is a collective ideology. It's opposed to individualism.
Bullshite. There was only one commie in the GP0. A nationalist is one who demands putting his country first and that national government is for the traditional people and their customs and individualism.

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
That only goes to show how unnatural Capitalism is, and how natural Communism is.
Capitalism recognizes that both elected and appointed government is severely limited in ingenuity. That type of government is stuck in 2nd gear. Judgement of workers. professionals, promotions in the word place are all the prerogative of a party boss and that this is a shockingly horrible way to he ruled.

The best way is to allow individual ingenuity and risk taking to hold center stage. Collect enough tax to pay for essentials only

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Christianity was a form of communism

A true Irish Nationalist longs for a strong army to invade neighboring Scotland, and Wales and to capture the Isle of Man. Grab a load of women and take them captive and 2nd wives. Good industrialists and warrior rule but there would be elected councilors to run s,mall matters. Migrants would be vetted based on their contribution and willingness to fight for Ireland.

When a man or company became too powerful he would be obliged to share his industry with new start ups. Alternative lifestyles would be allowed but not as the dominant mode.

The idea that some bastard like Richard Boyd Barrett be allowed to run my life is out. I'd rather be dead.

Last edited:

Thelasthurrah

Local time

Anyone with any intelligence looking around them will realize that the world is in a very bad place. We have massive corruption, brainwashing, media lies, huge gaps between the rich and the poor - and millions of people suffering needless deprivation. In my view, only the study of Marx can equip the human mind with the tools required to understand the plight we are in - and to begin to pull ourselves out of that horrible plight. But, needless to say, the ruling classes do not want the people to read Marx and understand what's going on. They have spent millions of dollars slandering Marx and pretending that his works are "disproved" or "out of date, " or just irrelevant. But, there is a cost to the ruling class in doing this. And the cost comes about because even if you slander Marx and stop people reading him, you can't hide from the people that things are going very wrong.

And what is this price? Conspiracy Theory. When the people are deprived of Marxist Theory, they will make up their own folk theory - or Conspiracy Theory. That's my view. Some scientists, however, are claiming that Conspiracy Theorists actually suffer from a form of mental retardation.

The world’s a scary, unpredictable place, and that makes your brain mad. As a predictive organ, the brain is on the constant lookout for patterns that both explain the world and help you thrive in it. That ability helps humans make sense of the world. For example, you probably understand by now that if you see red, that means that you should be on the lookout for danger.

But as scientists report in a 2017 paper published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, sometimes people sense danger even when there is no pattern to recognize — and so their brains create their own. This phenomenon, called illusory pattern perception, they write, is what drives people who believe in conspiracy theories, like climate change deniers, 9/11 truthers, and “Pizzagate” believers.

The researchers suggest that irrational beliefs are born from pattern perception because of the “automatic tendency to make sense of the world by identifying meaningful relationships between stimuli.” But distortions can happen, and the brain can connect dots that are actually nonexistent. People are bad at judging what’s random and believe that, often times, patterns are actually coincidences, which leads to irrational connections between unrelated stimuli. For example, just because societal power is dominated by the rich does not mean those rich people are Illuminati Satanists, though that is a thing that many people believe.

Is believing that the US election was a massive fraud and Trump actually won an example of what you describe?

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Is believing that the US election was a massive fraud and Trump actually won an example of what you describe?
Many states had their votes counted ion Spain and Germany

Thelasthurrah

Local time
Christianity was a form of communism

A true Irish Nationalist longs for a strong army to invade neighboring Scotland, and Wales and to capture the Isle of Man. Grab a load of women and take them captive and 2nd wives. Good industrialists and warrior rule but there would be elected councilors to run s,mall matters. Migrants would be vetted based on their contribution and willingness to fight for Ireland.

When a man or company became too powerful he would be obliged to share his industry with new start ups. Alternative lifestyles would be allowed but not as the dominant mode.

The idea that some bastard like Richard Boyd Barrett be allowed to run my life is out. I'd rather be dead.
Some mad stuff there Val. I'm not a fan of Boyd Barrett myself, but there's no harm in having a few like him in the Dail stirring the shite.

Thelasthurrah

Local time
LOL @ The KKK, a long way to go..

Get a fucking grip 🤣 (it's the current year dude)

And by the way, of course they won the lottery proved by this simple thought experiment: How many desperate Africans today would swap places with an African American?
Are the KKK legal? Surely not as that would be mad.

Thelasthurrah

Local time
Accept this was a lie. Everyone knows Blacks, by and large, have turned their back on Western standards of education and behavior. Not to mention culture and entertainment.
Blacks cannot expect to thrive when they have abandoned the standards of the civilization they exist in.
Piss off you phuckwit. And James you should know better than to be giving a like to this posters racist bs.