Star Trek 1968: US Television's First Interracial Kiss

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 11:25

Many people have claimed that Star Trek presents the perfect Communist community. There is no scarcity. There seems to be no money. Trade is completely unnecessary. What we see is an economy of reason and order. The fear and greed of the Capitalist system only still exists among the more primitive races. I believe myself that this is the future of Communism. It will be a society of military discipline, based on the common good - not private desire.

On Nov. 22, 1968, an episode of “Star Trek” titled “Plato’s Stepchildren” broadcast the first interracial kiss on American television.

The episode’s plot is bizarre: Aliens who worship the Greek philosopher Plato use telekinetic powers to force the Enterprise crew to sing, dance and kiss. At one point, the aliens compel Lieutenant Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) to embrace. Each character tries to resist, but eventually Kirk tilts Uhura back and the two kiss as the aliens lasciviously look on.

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
Q: Why was Lieutenant Uhura black?

A: Because William Shatner

Bahahahaa.. 😂😭😭😭 Admit it Tadhg, that's some funny shit right there :)

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Q: Why was Lieutenant Uhura black?

A: Because William Shatner

Bahahahaa.. 😂😭😭😭 Admit it Tadhg, that's some funny shit right there :)

I'd say William begged the script writers to write in a kiss with this lovely woman. Who wouldn't?

U2 Documentary

Trusted Member
Local time
She's a foxy lady, no doubt about it.

I really don't have any 'racism' when it comes to the females, hot is hot.

I will admit to, personally, being against miscegenation though. For the child's sake.

Last edited:

Astromut

Local time
It was ground breaking, i wonder is this perhaps why the show was, axed after just 2 seasons?

Vargo Hoat

Trusted Member
Local time

Many people have claimed that Star Trek presents the perfect Communist community. There is no scarcity. There seems to be no money. Trade is completely unnecessary. What we see is an economy of reason and order. The fear and greed of the Capitalist system only still exists among the more primitive races. I believe myself that this is the future of Communism. It will be a society of military discipline, based on the common good - not private desire.

On Nov. 22, 1968, an episode of “Star Trek” titled “Plato’s Stepchildren” broadcast the first interracial kiss on American television.

The episode’s plot is bizarre: Aliens who worship the Greek philosopher Plato use telekinetic powers to force the Enterprise crew to sing, dance and kiss. At one point, the aliens compel Lieutenant Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) to embrace. Each character tries to resist, but eventually Kirk tilts Uhura back and the two kiss as the aliens lasciviously look on.

I thought you were against that kind of thing, T.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
I thought you were against that kind of thing, T.

I'm against the race mixing agenda being pushed by the corporate media, but there has always been a natural level of race mixing - though I think the children always suffer. Still, a kiss can't do much harm.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 07:25
Both Star Trek and Communism are based on a fantasy called a Replicator. Getting something for nothing

Local time
Star Trek is a utopia, I can't even imagine a world where we live in peace and harmony and money no longer matters. The bankers would never allow it.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Both Star Trek and Communism are based on a fantasy called a Replicator. Getting something for nothing

Not at all. Eveyone on the Star Trek Enterprise is expected to contribute their labour. They get what they need in return. As Marx said, from everyone according to their ability - and to everyone according to their need.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
To do what?? They needed nothing with the Replicator

In an advanced Communist society, everyone would wish to work - even if they didn't have to for the purposes of survival.

Olli Rehn

Local time
Can it not fetch food out of thin air
It can reproduce small quantities of food out of stuff. That is all it can.
They never show the place where the dirty dishes are getting cleaned. Or dirty clothes. Or even a toilet!
Did you ever see anyone on the Enterprise A-B-C-D-E...etc going into a toilet?
Did you ever see a door on board with a sign "toilet" on it?

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 07:25
No shit.

So the magic replicator can produce just a single potato but not a sack. There was zero work ever done on the Enterprise aside from Scottie tinkering with a screwdriver maybe