Chat The Field Marshal hijacks Ballymena Supermarket Tannoy?

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 18:28

In a shocking incident, a deranged anti-Pope-ist grabbed a supermarket tannoy in the town of Ballymena and started shouting "Fvck The Pope."

One shopper, who didn't wish to be named, said he was in getting some groceries around 10pm on Tuesday at the Tesco store at Larne Road Link in Ballymena, and couldn't believe what he was hearing over the tannoy.

The man said: "All of a sudden the words 'F**k The Pope' were shouted through the tannoy system and echoed throughout the store. I was shocked and offended that this happened. It is not the sort of thing you expect to hear when you are on your way down an aisle.

"You are more used to hearing a message maybe saying that items are reduced in price in the bakery department or something like that but not this sort of offensive message.

"Other shoppers also couldn't believe their ears when it happened. It seems a member of the public, a male, somehow was able to access the tannoy system and shout this out."

For my money, the information that it was a male points in the direction of a certain grumpy Prussian officer, who is a known hater of His Holiness. But, the Queen's Constabulary are keeping their investigation open.

Last edited:

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Trusted Member
Local time
Today, 18:28
This is an amazing post and revelation. I am not surprised at a comment like that being made in Ballymena, but am amazed at the local nature of it. 1) the think Field Marshal would travel that far from Leitrim and 2 ) to think the comment is true.