What's new

Valamhics Superior Knowledge Thread

Before Galileo, it was known that objects in freefall sped up on their way down, but nobody had a quantitative measure of how that speed increased. It was generally assumed that if an object fell distance y in the first second, it would fall 2y in the second second, 3y during the third, etc.

When Galileo dropped or rolled objects, he discovered that if an object fell/rolled a distance y in the first second, it fell three times as far, 3y, during the second, 5y during the third, 7y during the fourth, 9y, 11y, etc. In other words, not consecutive numbers, but rather the odd numbers.

To get the cumulative total distance after a given time, it is only necessary to add up all the numbers corresponding to each elapsed time. And we get:

+3 = 4
+5 = 9
+7= 16
+9 = 25
+11=36, etc.

So we have 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36….

If those numbers look familiar, they should. They are the perfect squares.

So the distance y traveled by an object is proportional to the square of the time, t² . To get a numerical answer, you multiply t² by the distance fallen in the first second, call it c, which for a freefall object is (in current-day SI units) 4.90 m. Nowadays we don’t use 4.90, which is the average speed for the first second, but rather 2c = 9.81, which is the speed it’s going at the end of the first second, which we call the acceleration, a.

So the formula becomes:

y=12at²
This was the concept until a Cavan farmer advanced the theory. There is no such thing as an object. There is just a collection of atoms. There is no such thing as a fall. There is just just the suspension/prevention on a collection of atoms from complying with space time and the release of that suspension/prevention

The use of square and cube is simply the dimensions of space viz: length breath and width, The 4th dimension being time. No one here could answer what the square root of minus 36 is,

Last edited:
OP
V

valamhic

@valamhic How do you know so much about Maths and science? Self-taught?
I am a very poor analyst on myself. I think it is because that is not a propriety for me. I am driven by an insatiable urge to find out what is actually happening in nature and in the minds of people.

Nature is the datum line, the benchmark. People try to draw that datum line/benchmark and no one ever got it right. I just like to join the team of genuine searchers but there are bully scientists and I also am a combatant, driven to fight fake bully scientist. and so you get me. warts and all, a happy man.

OP
V

valamhic

@valamhic How do you know so much about Maths and science? Self-taught?
Minus numbers are not used by nature. It derives from the human concept of credit. A duck hatches 13 eggs and heads off down the road and one gets lost in a hole. She does not say OH, I had 13 but now one is lost 13 - 1 = 12. She says I have 13 but one is stuck ib a hole and I will go back to get him. She decided the inconvenience of getting it out is worth delaying her actions. Because there is no minus in nature, there is no square root of - 36. There is no such thing as minus 36 because there is no such thing as minus 36 at all

Last edited:

Frog Féin

OP
V

valamhic

Take a handful of quarter inch/ 8 mm round pebbles. About 150 of them. Take them from a heap weighing 100 kg.

Place an empty bean tin on the ground 15 meters away. Throw the pebbles towards the bean tin as best you can to try to get one or more pebbles into the can. If it does not go in first time, keep trying an adjusting your throw until one goes in. Say its on throw No 128, in one goes. Say you takes breaks and from you throw the 1st until one goes in takes 5 hours from 10 am. ie 3pm.

Imagine if a boy leaves his house down the street to visit you at 2.50pm and arrives at 3 PM. He sees you take a handful of pebbles and throw them. One goes in to the box. What would he immediately think?

Last edited:
OP
V

valamhic

Maths is everywhere, we just do not see it all the time, the mystery of the universe will be unveiled by maths.
Maths is the representation of a 4 dimensional universe on 2 dimensional sheet of paper. The current US presidential election debacle is an exercise in maths by corrupt gobshytes

Last edited:

Frog Féin

Take a handful of quarter inch/ 8 mm round pebbles. About 150 of them. Take them from a heap weighing 100 kg.

Place an empty bean tin on the ground 15 meters away. Throw the pebbles towards the bean tin as best you can to try to get one or more pebbles into the can. If it does not go in first time, keep trying an adjusting your throw until one goes in. Say its on throw No 128, in one goes. Say you takes breaks and from you throw the 1st until one goes in takes 5 hours from 10 am. ie 3pm.

Imagine if a boy leaves his house down the street to visit you at 2.50pm and arrives at 3 PM. He sees you take a handful of pebbles and throw them. One goes in to the box. What would he immediately think?
They would both immediately think you're a mad aul fella.

OP
V

valamhic

They would both immediately think you're a mad aul fella.
It's a great pity you did not develop that, Taking the attitude you did means you are belonging to the lower orders of society. Between you and I is an enormous gulf across which no man make it.

None

It's a great pity you did not develop that, Taking the attitude you did means you are belonging to the lower orders of society. Between you and I is an enormous gulf across which no man make it.
Val the greatest teacher is the one who makes it easy (to understand)

You make it very difficult

OP
V

valamhic

Look at my photo. I am beautiful. You are a mangy mongrel. That is the gulf you will never cross.
Mangy ---- Manky ----- Mongrel??????? Tine to do the test. Mowl, Godsdog, Could that be where Mowl disappeared to?

Last edited:
OP
V

valamhic

So what exactly is your question again?
You lost me with Shame Fox, what has she to do with any recent discussion here?

Top Bottom