White actors to no longer voice ethnic characters on Simpsons

GPO

Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:24
THE SIMPSONS WILL no longer use white actors to dub ethnic minority characters, the producers of the long-running animated series announced Friday.

The decision includes a recurring character from the series, launched in 1989 – Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, a grocer of Indian origin voiced in the American version of the show by white actor Hank Azaria.

The character has long been seen as problematic and conveying racist stereotypes. Last January Azaria announced that, in agreement with producers, he was abandoning the role.

Astromut

Local time
Its just getting rather silly now, especially when you look at how Historical characters are being replaced with BAME actors because of Equality and all that.

Seems its only one direction.

Local time
Television is gone forget about it ....nothing but propaganda

Belgrade

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Television is gone forget about it ....nothing but propaganda
Indeed, imagine how the old folk must feel, the ones that just have RTE and Virgin. They must be confused as to what has happened to Ireland?

Mishka

Local time
Today, 17:24
They'll be dead soon enough and thankfully so will you along with them.

Television is for the oldies - few kids use television.

By the time the staff on here have passed on to the great blog in the sky - television will be buried on top of them.

To weigh them down in death just like it did in their miserable excuses for lives.

James Dawson

Local time
Nothing is "silly".. What's silly is people think it's a fad. It's not a fad, it's real.

I saw it coming (before) because I knew what it is (for years)

Keep on telling yourself - You're not white 🙄

Anderson

Local time
Nothing is "silly".. What's silly is people think it's a fad. It's not a fad, it's real.

I saw it coming (before) because I knew what it is (for years)

Keep on telling yourself - You're not white 🙄
Who are you talking too?

Anderson

Local time
Anderson, you've always been above average in intelligence 👌
I don't know why you quit Political Irish, I always thought you were a decent poster, just needed to calm down the foul language a little.

DS86DS

Local time
I don't know why you quit Political Irish, I always thought you were a decent poster, just needed to calm down the foul language a little.
Unlike you Anderson who'd fit perfectly into the Downton Abbey cast.

James Dawson

Local time
I'm not a "decent" poster.. I'm amazeballs.

It's hard to believe I've only been on the scene for a year and a half (seems more like ten)