• Welcome to the GPO
    GPO is a private site, you are free to join up and see our full content.
    to register an account please follow the link below
    Register Account

Why Millennials Are Always Tired

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
Today, 07:09

Interesting article. Actually, there are a lot of articles on the net about this phenomenon. My own view is that it's a symptom of depression. Millennials have very little to look forward to - other than crappy Mac Jobs and totally unaffordable rents and house prices. The idea of getting married and starting a family is like winning the lotto.

D

Deleted member 163

Staring at screens, whether television, or mobile phones, can't be healthy. On my bus journey to work I see these young lads and lasses with their heads buried in phones, never even looking up to acknowledge the person sitting next to them.

I would say a bad diet and a lack of exercise has a lot to with it also

U2 Documentary

Local time
The New Generation may offer Hope against Neo-Marxism..

U2 Documentary

Local time
Whatever kinda far left stupid (]ewish) shit you're watching these days.. I don't even wanna know 🤣

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
Whatever kinda far left stupid (]ewish) shit you're watching these days.. I don't even wanna know 🤣

Your white cousins are experts at making asses of themselves - no Jewish help needed.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Today, 02:09
It is very simple. Before the Covid, the average person was of course better off, nobody is arguing that. The economy is not really a factor strangly because everyone can see exactly who has shut down which States. New York being the biggest and best example. California following along but the virus hit there about 3 months later. Likewise with the riots, all in democrat cities.

So now, yes, the country is screwed, but not by Trump

D

Deleted member 163

An apposite bit of footage from the Newport Folk Festival, 1965. Bob Dylan performing Mr Tambourine Man to a captive audience.

What I noticed straight away was the physical appearance of the young people in the audience. Not one person is overweight. They are all lean, fit and healthy looking. And all directing their attention to the performance on stage. No faffing about with mobile phones and cameras.

Simpler times.

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
An apposite bit of footage from the Newport Folk Festival, 1965. Bob Dylan performing Mr Tambourine Man to a captive audience.

What I noticed straight away was the physical appearance of the young people in the audience. Not one person is overweight. They are all lean, fit and healthy looking. And all directing their attention to the performance on stage. No faffing about with mobile phones and cameras.

Simpler times.

I am down there frequently, multitudes of whales have washed up since 1965

valamhic

Legal Advisor
Staff member
Local time
Dan what is your view on Obama care? Many here believe Trump is
wrong to try to abolish it. I understood the cost on workers was too high and they would be better off with a market approach.

Last edited:

Youngdan

Staff member
Admin
Local time
Dan what is your view on Obama care? Many here believe Trump is
wrong to try to abolish it. I understood the cost on workers was too high and they would be better off with a market approach.
A complete shit show because your insurance costs have tripled. A family of a self employed person could be paying 20000 a year. If a company is paying all or part of an employees cost then the employee does not feel it but it is a huge cost for the employer.

By law, now suddenly EVERYONE had to have insurance. Before, a young person would have zero or minimal insurance as he wouls rather drive a Mercedes. He might take out catastrophic insurance, to cover a disaster. That means that your deductible could be 20000. Small stuff you just pay for if you happened to need it. Anything over 20g , is covered. The higher the deductible the cheaper the policy.

So people that can't really afford insurance but by law must have it will also get the cheaper but higher deductible option. But when they get sick, they can not afford to pay the uncovered portion and are bankrupt and screwed. In effect they are not insured at all.

The market is completely akilter, because the customer by law must purchase, so the insurance seller obviously raises the price.

The entire health system is screwed. A complete ripoff

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Local time
A complete shit show because your insurance costs have tripled. A family of a self employed person could be paying 20000 a year. If a company is paying all or part of an employees cost then the employee does not feel it but it is a huge cost for the employer.

By law, now suddenly EVERYONE had to have insurance. Before, a young person would have zero or minimal insurance as he wouls rather drive a Mercedes. He might take out catastrophic insurance, to cover a disaster. That means that your deductible could be 20000. Small stuff you just pay for if you happened to need it. Anything over 20g , is covered. The higher the deductible the cheaper the policy.

So people that can't really afford insurance but by law must have it will also get the cheaper but higher deductible option. But when they get sick, they can not afford to pay the uncovered portion and are bankrupt and screwed. In effect they are not insured at all.

The market is completely akilter, because the customer by law must purchase, so the insurance seller obviously raises the price.

The entire health system is screwed. A complete ripoff

If the USA was a civilized society it would have a National Health Service, free to all citizens.

Top Bottom